Monday, June 20, 2011

ottawa offers free parking if you bike rest of way


http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/06/18/ottawa-park-cycle.html

The NCC plans to allow free access to 10 parking lots, where drivers can leave their cars and cycle the remaining distance to work. The Park and Cycle pilot will run from June 20 to October 28, 2011.

-----
D - anybody else notice how hard it is to get to Guelph?
My sis lives off the Hanlon.
I'm trying to bike there. But I *really* don't like roads without bike lanes or trails.

http://www.pr.uoguelph.ca/sustain/transportation/cycling.htm

D - I just cannot get Firefox to display PDFs. Never have been able to.
Explorer did it just fine.

Anyway, my sis is off the Hanlon midway through Guelph.
I'm trying to figure out how to avoid Victoria as much as possible - it is brutal.
Looking like Shantz on the way out of Kitchener.
This will also allow me to cycle to work near Cambridge's Toyota plant.

The lack of a coherent bike lane/trail from Kitchener to Guelph is just tragic.

No comments: